Learning Resource Center (LRC)
About the LRC
Learning Resource Center, home of BIT's library services, aims to provide right information to the right time. Library contributes and supports BIT in building an internationally reputed research institution. Establishing as the knowledge hub, it enables access to information resources of all kinds and provides innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the academic community.
LRC Mission Statement
The BIT’s Library provides the BIT community with access to affordable, quality resources and relevant information literacy skills, expediting their integration into the community of lifelong learners.
- The Library will create an information-literate community through a state-of-the-art instructional program.
- The Library will purchase the electronic and print resources needed by its community or provide quick access to what it does not own.
- The Library will be proactive and creative in reaching out, in order to anticipate and respond to community needs for resources, programs, and services.
- The Library will be a customer-driven organization, constantly inviting feedback, measuring quality, and making appropriate adjustments.
Fast Facts about the LRC
- Resource No.
- Books 12,028
- Periodicals (Journal/Magazine) 53
- Electronic Journals (through EBSCO Host) 1000+
- AV Resource (CDs/DVDs) 414
- Project Reports 220
- Newspapers 3
- Circulation & Borrowing
- Resources Qty Duration
- Books 4 7 Days
- Course Reserves (Text & Reference) - Reference Only
- Magazines / Journals (back issues) 2 3 Days
- AV Resources (CD/DVDs) 2 3 Days
- Project Reports - Reference Only
- Resources can be reserved only when they are on loan.
- The availability of the reserved item would be informed through e-mail.
- The reserved resource should be collected from the library within 24 hours after intimation. Otherwise the reservation stands cancelled.
Books should be returned on or before the due date mentioned in the due date Slip.
Books can be renewed twice each time for 7 days. Resources can not be renewed if there is any demand.
Students are charged a fine of AED 1 a day per item (Books/Periodicals/AV Resource)
The users should replace the resource at his/her own cost within 30 days. If the user fails to replace the book within the stipulated time, the Library would initiate the purchase and the user would be charged the actual cost of the resource plus 20-40% the additional charge (due to fright and handling charges) depending on the type of the resources.
Services offered at LRC
- Book Section: Contains more than 12000 printed books in all subject areas offered by the Institute.
- Periodicals: Contains around 53 journals/magazines in all subject areas offered by the Institute.
- E-Resources: Library is subscribed to various online databases, which covers, E-books & Electronic Journals, professional development collection & current news etc.,
- Circulation Service: Circulation service provides issue/return / renewal / reservation for the library resources, and it also gives ready reference services to its users.
- Computer Lab: Library has a computer lab facility to access all online resources subscribed by the Library.
- Inter-Library Loan: Library will have a tie-up with other universities for access to their library databases or other academic materials based on the library user request.
- Current Awareness Services: Current News, Trend Analysis & Updates
Library user Conduct policy
Library Patrons must show consideration for others and should behave in a manner which does not inconvenience, offend, or limit the rights of other patrons to have access to library materials, services and facilities. Patrons should behave in a manner which does not interfere with or otherwise prevent the Library staff from providing Library services
If the code of conduct described is not observed, disciplinary action will be taken against the offender. The following minimum standards of conduct are to be observed in the Library.
- Maintain absolute Silence in the Library
- Food & Drink are not permitted in the Library
- Cell phone is not permitted to use in Library premises
- Only water bottles are permitted in the Library
- All activities in the library will be conducted in a quiet manner to avoid disturbing other patrons
- Headphones must be used on any device that emits sound
- Online gaming is not permitted on any computer in the Library
- Patrons are required to show valid identification upon request from Library or
- Security staff
- Patrons are required to use library equipment and facilities for designated purposes only
Sunday to Thursday 9.15am - 4.15pm
Friday 9.15am - 5.15pm
Library is closed on Saturday and public holidays.
Library is closed on Friday during semester holidays.
Librarian and the library staff, welcomes your questions and available for any assistance by calling: +971 7 2359322, Ext: 122, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org